The Buzz Blog - Opportunities
Project & Engagement Manager (Maternity Cover)
The successful candidate will have a good track record of success in fundraising, marketing and/or business development. You will need to be a highly creative strategic thinker with the ability to deliver impactful and engaging projects and communications, be target orientated, and possess the ability to reliably deliver on income growth objectives.
The Project & Engagement Manager will work closely with & report to the CEO to enable effective delivery of our Charity’s Goals & Mission.
This is a maternity cover short term contract, which may lead to a full time role for the right candidate.
• Implement sustainable long term fundraising strategies to maximize income and develop brand awareness, lead, develop and manage the fundraising teams to deliver excellent financial results and the highest levels of support and recognition for sponsors, volunteers and corporate donors
• Develop and implement a set of protocols and standard operating procedures which ensure that fundraising activity is carried out in line with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
• Assist the charity to implement and expand a web & social media strategy to raise the Charities profile and market its activities
A relevant degree or third level qualification is necessary, ideally in marketing, or business disciplines being highly advantageous.
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a senior management role in fundraising or marketing in the not for profit sector is highly desirable
• The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented a Fundraising Strategy or similar initiative
• Ability to work in an environment where performance is measured against key targets, & possess strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Highly creative with an understanding of consumer trends, innovative branding and marketing developments
• Project management experience with a demonstrable track record in delivering a high return from minimum resources
• Ability to secure large scale funding for specific projects or initiatives
• Ability to manage a complex group of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, donors and deliver communications strategies which engage the public
• Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills and the ability to deliver clear and concise reports
The Saoirse Foundation is an equal opportunities employer, CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date for applications, 5pm September 15th 2014.