The Buzz Blog - Events
Its Back Again This October 27th
Kenmare town is fast gaining a reputation as Ireland’s fittest town. On the October weekend, Saturday Oct 27th Kenmare will host its third duathalon, a 40km Cycle and a 6km Run. It is open to everyone, individuals and relay teams. Funds raised from the event will be donated to BEE FOR BATTENS (main charity) Kenmare Underage Rugby teams and Kenmare Hospital Development Fund. Participants are coming from all corners of Ireland and the World in what promises to be an exciting event and a fun night afterwards.
Kenmare offers stunning scenery and the 40km cycle will go from Kenmare to Molls Gap, back towards Sneem, turning left for Blackwater and on again to Kenmare. The town of Kenmare offers award winning restaurants, traditional pubs and some of the best fun in Ireland. From Five star hotels to wonderful hostels the selection of restaurants is second to none. Its the ideal place to spend a weekend.
• Registration will commence at 9.00am at Brooklane Hotel, Sneem Road, Kenmare
• Safety Briefing 11.00am, Brooklane Hotel
• Race start 12 noon, Brooklane hotel, with a lead race car
• Parking in immediate area will be limited
• Should weather make the event unsafe an alternative route will used. Safety Officer Garda
• Peter McCarthy and Race Director Dr Rory O Driscoll will make this decision on the morning.
There has never been a better reason
to get out on that bike...
The 40 km cycle will commence
at 12 noon and follow the N71 to
Moll’s Gap for 10k, turning left
past Avoca Cafe and onto the
Sneem road, turning left for
Blackwater and returning to
Kenmare on the relatively
flat coast road. The cycle will
be started with a safety course
car and racing will commence
once car deems it to be safe.
The 6km run will start at bike
drop off and head out the Moll’s
Gap road for 3km before turning
right towards Kenmare Hospital/
Dromneavane and finish in
Click here to download the results for last years event (72kb pdf file)